Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Laddish - gotta love it at times

From the ol' e-mail today:

"Dear Friend,

Greeting to you.

I wish to accost you with a request that would be of immense benefit to..."

Well, I know one person that it would be "immense benefit to", and that's the lad. For once the lad actually told the truth with the word "accost"
This particular gem continues with:
"The English Bar considers it a breach of the oath of the English Bar. I
need not emphasize to you that the sensitivity of this issue need not be
toyed with by neglecting its confidentiality"

The only "Bar" this joker has been called to serves beer and spirits.

"I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours truly

Bennett Davies"

You won't say that after I've gone a few rounds with you, laddo.

This one is quite interesting to me, as the inital format is *very* well written by someone who is quite well versed in the African formal style of writing. Coming from (guess where?) Lagos, it's a lot better than what is normally seen.

However, it'll be interesting to see how quick Mr "Bennett Davis" slips away. I give him 5 e-mails at the most.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment